.1. Make sure that your financial products are well priced, remember that like any business there is huge competition in the financial service’s industry. Ask your financial planner to review the costing of all your life, disability and investments.
3. Consolidate your debt aggressively with the lowest cost provider. If you have capacity in your accessible bond account use that to pay off your credit card and other more expensive debt.
4. Say NO to the e-mail loan offers. They are offered at very expensive interest rates.
5. Shop your short term insurance around, but be careful of the cover you are really buying.
6. Remember that your registered adviser has to provide you by law with the most appropriate advice. This is your insurance policy.
7. Consider consolidating your accumulated savings, like everything in life you get discounts for the size of investments you make.
8. Retirement annuities Rand-for–Rand are by a long way the most efficient investment available use them aggressively
9. Pay off your credit card in full every month. It is without doubt the most expensive debt you will ever have.
10. If you are in financial difficulty cut out “wants” in favour of “needs” Gucci is a want and if you are in trouble a new handbag is not even a need.